Miami Private Schools Tour
The United States is world famous for its level of education. Studying in these countries gives children a chance to more successfully arrange their future and career, learn to live in a modern and constantly developing world. But for a child for whom English is an alien language, it is difficult to adapt to the new environment and team. Such children will be more comfortable studying in private schools, which are more adapted to foreign students.
When planning a trip with children in Miami, you should think about school in advance. Education in the United States has always been considered prestigious, so in order to provide a base for further study at a university and a basis for creating a successful career, one should thoroughly approach the choice of an educational institution.
Tours of the best private schools in Miami
Many private schools in America are arranged by type of boarding house, i.e. children can live in them. Education is expensive, but the costs will be justified by the level of knowledge and opportunities for further education.
In private institutions, children are taught in small classes of 10-15 people. The program primarily involves the study of basic disciplines:
- Computer techologies;
- natural and social sciences;
- physical Culture.
In high school students instead of physical education can choose to engage in some kind of sport, success in which will be taken into account when entering the university. Also, the educational program often involves a more in-depth study of the main subjects.
The main feature of boarding houses in Miami is the training system. Here they teach not only one theory, as in most Russian schools, but also an algorithm for learning. Pupils most of the time in class work themselves, looking for the necessary information, analyzing it and applying it in practice.
At the end of the course, students take the SAT exam. It consists of two parts:
- Mathematical level.
- Assessment of knowledge in 3 subjects chosen by the student.
Results of the first level (SAT I) are required for admission to any college in the United States, and the second level (SAT II) for prestigious universities.
In private schools, as well as in public schools, there is a division into primary, secondary and school. If in elementary school, children usually study according to a standard program, then in middle and high school, students can already choose the direction of interest:
- sports management.
The cost of studying for one year depends on the rating and the prestige of the institution. On average, this amount is $ 20000-50000, including accommodation, training and food.
Benefits of private school education
In recent years, more and more foreign teenagers want to study in American guesthouses. It is possible to explain such popularity with a higher quality of education, which is always in the leading positions in world rankings.
Graduates of private American schools have good chances to succeed in their careers, since most employers prefer them. In addition, these institutions are multinational, so that your child will make new friends from other countries. And the flexibility of the education program makes it possible to choose an individual training method for each student.
The advantages of boarding houses in Miami also include:
- The development of student autonomy. Children do not live in their own home, but in special buildings. This allows children to become more independent and learn how to solve some problems themselves.
- Excellent opportunities for sports. In most educational institutions in the United States, all conditions are provided for the physical development of children (modern sports equipment, tennis courts, swimming pools and gyms).
- The educational program is much deeper and richer. In private schools, they strive to give children more versatile knowledge in order to broaden their horizons.
If you want to arrange your child in a private school in Miami, then you need to collect certain documents. Apply for admission to the boarding house in the current year should be in January and February. To do this, you must submit the following documents:
- Grades in recent years from a previous school;
- TOEFL or SSAT test results;
- Characteristics from 2-3 teachers from the previous place of study;
- Copy of the first page Diplomas, certificates, certificates and thanks of the child;
- Motivation letter.
After studying these documents, the school administration makes a preliminary decision and the children are interviewed.
If the test results in English are low, the child will be sent to a language course that will help him improve his knowledge.
Tips for admission
If you want to send children to an American boarding school, then, regardless of age, they will need advance preparation. It consists of a few steps:
- Learning English at the level of the native. For this you will need to work in linguistic centers. This will help foreign children to learn the spoken vocabulary that is needed in school and in life abroad.
- Attend familiarization sessions that will help your child quickly integrate into a new environment. This step is not required, but is recommended for more rapid and easy adaptation in school institutions.
Assistance at all stages of admission
Choosing a private school is not an easy and responsible exercise for all parents. The company American Butler will help you to choose the right school institution, finding the best of them. Also, our experts will inform you about all stages of admission to an American private school and will conduct tours for you.
We know all the subtleties of admission to such boarding houses, so you will not have to worry about filling out and submitting documents. We will do it for you! If you have any questions, you can always contact us. Moreover, our work does not end with the arrival of a child. We will continue to lead him, making sure that his studies become pleasant and comfortable.