Miami Private Schools Tour
The USA is famous all over the world for the level of its education. Studying in these countries gives children a chance to more successfully arrange their future and career, learn to live in a modern and constantly developing world. But it is difficult for a child for whom English is a foreign language to adapt to a new environment and team. Such children will be more comfortable studying in private schools, which are more adapted to foreign students.
When planning a move with children to Miami, you should think about the school in advance. Education in the USA has always been considered prestigious, therefore, in order to provide a basis for further studies at the university and the basis for creating a successful career, one should thoroughly approach the choice of an educational institution.
Miami's Best Private School Tours
Many private schools in America are boarding schools, i. children can live in them. Studying is expensive, but the costs will be justified by the level of knowledge and opportunities for further education.
In private institutions, children study in small classes of 10-15 people. The program primarily provides for the study of the main disciplines:
- Computer techologies;
- English language;
- natural and social sciences;
- physical Culture.
In high school, instead of physical education, a student can choose to engage in some kind of sport, success in which will be taken into account when entering a university. Also, the educational program often involves a more in-depth study of the main subjects.
The main feature of hostels in Miami is the education system. Here they teach not only one theory, as in most Russian schools, but also an algorithm for mastering knowledge. Students most of the time in the classroom work on their own, looking for the necessary information, analyzing it and applying it in practice.
At the end of the course, students take the SAT exam. It consists of two parts:
- Math level.
- Assessment of knowledge in 3 subjects chosen by the student.
Level 1 results (SAT I) are required for admission to any college in the United States, and level 2 results (SAT II) are required for prestigious universities.
In private schools, as well as in public schools, there is a division into primary, secondary and school. If in elementary school children usually study according to the standard program, then in middle and high school students can already independently choose the direction of interest:
- sports management.
The cost of studying for one year depends on the rating and prestige of the institution. On average, this amount is $20,000-50,000, including accommodation, tuition and meals.
Benefits of Education in Private Schools
In recent years, more and more foreign teenagers want to study in American boarding schools. Such popularity can be explained by the higher quality of education, which is always in the leading positions in world rankings.
Graduates of private American schools have a good chance of success in their careers in the future, since most employers give preference to them. In addition, these institutions are multinational, so your child will make new friends from other countries. And the flexibility of the educational program makes it possible to choose an individual teaching method for each student.
The advantages of boarding houses in Miami also include:
- Development of student independence. Children do not live in their own home, but in special buildings. This allows children to become more independent and learn to solve some problems on their own.
- Excellent opportunities for sports. Most US educational institutions provide all the conditions for the physical development of children (modern sports equipment, tennis courts, swimming pools and gyms).
- The educational program is much deeper and richer. In private schools, they strive to give children more versatile knowledge in order to broaden their horizons.
If you want to enroll your child in a private school in Miami, then you need to collect certain documents. Apply for enrollment in the boarding school this year should be in January-February. To do this, you must submit the following documents:
- Estimates for recent years from the previous school institution;
- TOEFL or SSAT test results;
- Characteristics from 2-3 teachers from the previous place of study;
- Copy of the first page Diplomas, diplomas, certificates and gratitude of the child;
- Motivation letter.
After studying these documents, the school administration makes a preliminary decision, and the children are interviewed.
If the test result in English is not high, then the child will be sent to a language course that will help him improve his knowledge.
If you want to send your children to an American boarding school, then, regardless of age, they will need preliminary preparation. It consists in several steps:
- Mastering English at the native level. To do this, it will be necessary to work out in linguistic centers. This will help foreign children to master the colloquial vocabulary, which is necessary in their studies and in life abroad.
- Attending introductory classes that will help the child quickly integrate into a new environment. This stage is not mandatory, but is recommended for faster and easier adaptation in a school institution.
Assistance at all stages of admission
Choosing a private school is a difficult and responsible task for all parents. American Butler will help you find the right school by finding the best ones. Also, our specialists will inform you about all the stages of admission to an American private school and conduct tours for you.
We know all the details of admission to such boarding houses, so you don't have to worry about filling out and submitting documents. We will do it for you! If you have any questions, you can always contact us. Moreover, our work does not end with the arrival of the child. We will continue to guide him, making sure that studying becomes pleasant and comfortable for him.