Disney's Animal Kingdom
Disney Animal Kingdom Theme Park is not an ordinary zoo, in the conventional sense of the word.
The Animal Kingdom Park in Orlando covers more than 200 hectares and is an interesting combination of a safari park with convenient infrastructure and transportation, excursions along artificial rivers, a water park, an amusement park and a zoo, where animals are provided with the most comfortable conditions for their housing.
Animal Kingdom in Orlando is not limited to keeping cute safe little animals suitable for a contact zoo. Elephants, lions, rhinos and giraffes and hippos in the park too. Animals have their own sector where they can walk on savanna or hide in the forest.
What to look at in Animal Kingdom Park in Orlando
For those who are keen on herpetology, I would like to say that the snake sector is quite interesting and partly contactable. Unlike the beach in Sochi, no one will put a snake in your hands - many people are afraid of snakes. But if you ask, then some inhabitants can even touch it.
For the sake of animal comfort, this part of the park closes earlier than others. But already 2 hours before closing, it will not be possible to find the animals - they leave for their comfortable pens and shelters from the intense heat. The best time to visit the Animal Kingdom Park in Florida, if you plan to look at the animals - the morning, immediately after the opening and the time of feeding the animals.
The most important and keen entertainment Animal Kingdom in Orlando is Mount Everest. This is an analogue of a roller coaster, but with a more developed plot, unexpected stops, a breakdown on the way. 7 minutes of pure adrenaline. Listen to the advice and do not go to this attraction after a hearty lunch.
- Valley of Geysers Kali River Rapids.
- Safari and Kilimanjaro - a terrific close acquaintance with the inhabitants of the safari park.
- Walk to the dinosaurs. Not only dinosaur skeletons are presented, but also complete reconstruction of the appearance, integrated into the natural environment. You can get a complete picture of how our planet actually looked like when giant reptiles reigned on earth.
Please note that Disney Animal Kingdom theme park has water rides and it is better to buy raincoats in advance or to wear clothes that are completely wet. Soak it really down. On the other hand, the Florida sun dries quickly. Carefully with spreading mascara and with complex hairstyles.
Thematic division of the park
The park is divided into 7 main sectors for maximum convenience of visitors.
- Oasis. Includes entrance area, here you can get a map of the park.
- Island of Discovery. Located in the heart of the park. Basically, the most beautiful and safe animals are gathered here. But to touch them, except in the contact zoo, it is impossible. The symbol of the Disney Animal Kingdom theme park, the tree of life is also here.
- Africa. Safari Park and a trip to Kilimanjaro are waiting for you!
- Asia. The most extreme sector. An attraction with a valley of geysers, river rafting and the famous Everest are here.
- Camp Mini and Mickey Mouse. The youngest visitors of the park will be happy to talk with cartoon characters and watch the King Lion show.
- The territory of dinosaurs. A place for people with strong nerves and imagination.
- Avatar. A large-scale project dedicated to the World of Pandora.
The Animal Kingdom in Orlando is one of the most interesting and visited parks in the world. Be careful and watch the children. The park is safe enough, but the presence of rides and wildlife requires compliance with safety measures.
|Duration of the tour||13-14 hours|
|Address||2901 Osceola Pkwy, Orlando, FL 32830|
|Admission||Ticket price from $97 for one day visit. Cost may vary depending on dates and season. Check the prices on the website.|
|Hours of operation||
Park is open: