Excursion to the Animal Kingdom
The Disney Animal Kingdom theme park is not an ordinary zoo in the usual sense of the word.
Animal Kingdom Park in Orlando covers an area of more than 200 hectares and is an interesting combination of a safari park with convenient infrastructure and transport, excursions along artificial rivers, an aquatic animal park, an amusement park and a zoo in which animals are provided with the most comfortable conditions for keeping animals.
Animal Kingdom in Orlando isn't limited to keeping cute, safe animals fit for a petting zoo. Elephants, lions, rhinoceros and giraffes and hippos are also in the park. The animals have their own sector, where they can walk in the savannah or hide in the forest.
What to see at Animal Kingdom Orlando
For those keen on herpetology, I would like to say that the sector of snakes is quite interesting and partly contactable. Unlike the beach in Sochi, no one will stick a snake in your hands — many people are afraid of snakes. But if you ask, you can even touch some of the inhabitants.
For the comfort of the animals, this part of the park closes earlier than others. But already 2 hours before closing, it will not be possible to detect animals — they go to their comfortable pens and shelters from the intense heat. The best time to visit Animal Kingdom Park in Florida, if you plan to look specifically at the animals, is in the morning, right after the opening and the time for feeding the animals.
The most important and spicy entertainment Animal Kingdom in Orlando — Mount Everest. This is an analogue of a roller coaster, but with a more developed plot, unexpected stops, breakdowns along the way. 7 minutes of pure adrenaline. Heed the advice and do not go to this attraction after a hearty lunch.
- Pandora is the Avatar universe. Incredibly recreated scenery from the film of the same name and a stunning 4D Banshee ride across the expanses of the planet Pandora.
- Africa and Asia — safari and Mount Kilimanjaro. An amazing close encounter with the inhabitants of the safari park and Asian culture.
- DinoLand USA — the world of dinosaurs. Here are presented not only dinosaur skeletons, but also complete reconstructions of the appearance, integrated into the natural environment. You can get a complete picture of what our planet really looked like when giant reptiles reigned on earth.
- Kali River Rapids is a valley of geysers and a wild river.
Please note that there are water attractions in the Disney Animal Kingdom theme park and it is better to buy raincoats in advance or wear clothes that are not afraid of getting completely wet. Get really wet to the skin. On the other hand, the Florida sun will dry you out quickly. Be careful with spreading mascara and complex hairstyles.
Thematic division of the park
The park is divided into 7 main sectors for maximum convenience of visitors.
- Oasis — includes an entrance area, here you can get a map of the park.
- Discovery Island is located in the very center of the park. Basically, the most beautiful and safe animals are collected here. But you can’t touch them, except in a petting zoo. The symbol of the Disney Animal Kingdom theme park, the tree of life is also located here.
- Africa — safari park and trip to Kilimanjaro are waiting for you!
- Asia is the most extreme sector. The attraction with the valley of geysers, river rafting and the famous Everest are located here.
- Camp Mini and Mickey Mouse — the youngest visitors to the park will be happy to chat with cartoon characters and watch the show of the Lion King.
- Dinosaur Territory is a place for people with strong nerves and imagination.
- Avatar is a large-scale project dedicated to Pandora's World.
Animal Kingdom in Orlando is one of the most interesting and visited parks in the world. Be careful and supervise children. The park is quite safe, but the presence of rides and wild animals requires safety measures.
|Tour duration||13-14 hours|
|The address||2901 Osceola Pkwy, Orlando, FL 32830|
|Price||Ticket price from $97 for one day visit. Prices may vary depending on dates and seasons. Check the prices on the website.|
The park is open:
|Web site||Visit site|